If one your new year’s resolution is to replace those well worn and tattered bed sheets you’ve been using for years, zero in on these tips to be sure you’re getting the best bed buy (someone says that her resolution is to buy hot tub spa cover, more on that later):
1. Measure your bed carefully, taking note of the dimension from top to bottom and side to side. Also, don’t forget to measure the thickness of the mattress.
2. Explore your options by familiarizing yourself with the stores where you will make your purchase. Big department stores usually have an array of stocks to choose from, or you can also check out a specialty store for more choices. More so, buying online will also prove to be a convenient option as you will have access to more sources at the tip of your fingers.
3. Do your research and know your way around thread counts in bed sheets. As a rule of thumb, the higher the thread count, the more luxurious the fabric would feel. A thread count above 250 but not lower that 175 is the most ideal.
4. It is okay to splurge, remember you will be using these sheets every single night of every single day, so bet on the best one you can afford. Go for cotton or blends, flannel or silk and satin, if you must!
5. While you’re at it, buy extra sheets so you won’t have to go through these whole process altogether once you decide on changing them. And throw in some pillow cases too. That way, you’ll be sure to have fresh sheets all the time, even if you were lazy to throw in the soiled ones in the washer.
6. To maintain the quality of your sheets and to be sure they’ll last you a long, long time, be sure to check the laundering instructions. Need I say more?