Green leafy vegetables are just lovely. I am so glad that my mom introduced us to vegetables when we were little. Malunggay is one of my favorite vegetables, from its leaves to its fruits. Yep, you heard it right, the fruit is edible and in fact, super delicious! I found Malunggay benefits are pretty impressive, especially that I am breastfeeding my youngest son. Fortunately, we managed to plant some in our backyard so no need to ask some from the neighborhood. If you still can’t find a reason on planting and go green with Malunggay, I will give you ten!
10 Surprising Uses of Malunggay:
- Boosting breastmilk production- I have proven it, having five kids is not easy! All of them are breastfeed, and my youngest who is turning one is still breastfeeding.
- Improve immune system- Works every time.
- Combats infection, fungal, and bacterial causes- Great for effective healing of wounds. Trust me, like I said I have five kids- 4 boys just to make it clear!
- Promotes good eyesight- We need it, we are a family of vision deficiency.
- Decrease high sugar levels- And we are a family of “sweet tooth” too!
- Heals a headache and prevents a migraine- That is why I seldom have migraine attacks!
- Restores skin’s health- Do I need to say more?
- Prevents cancer with phytochemicals ingredients- Good to hear about it as I have some relatives suffered from the big C.
- Treatment of common cold- Malunggay is ideal for battling the weather.
- Aid in better sleeping- I totally agreed!
As a mother, I always want to make sure that the welfare of my family comes first. That is why whenever I cook for them, I always prepare a dish with a dash of Malunggay. I also mix some dried leaves on my lactating beverages, and it even improves the taste! I just love it! Malunggay benefits are just fantastic!